Tims Ford Lake is a 10,700 Acre lake with 265 miles of shore line located in a rural area. Tims Ford is known as one of the cleanest and deepest lakes in the mid south. Tims Ford’s sprawling arms of water are popular with kayakers, boaters, and anglers. With it’s close proximity to Huntsville, Chattanooga, Murfreesboro (all approximately 1 hr) and Nashville (1.5 hrs) it has become a true lake lovers paradise.
Facts and Figures
- Construction of Tims Ford Dam began in 1966 and was completed in 1970.
- The Dam is 175 ft high and stretches 1580 ft across the Elk River.
- The water level in Tims Ford Reservoir varies about 15 ft in a normal year.
- There are four marinas on the lake.
- Tims Ford State Park and Bear Trace Golf Course
- Historic Downtown Winchester
- Jack Daniel’s Distillery in Lynchburg
- Beechcraft Heritage Aviation Museum in Tullahoma
- University of the South (beautiful hiking trails in the area) in Sewanee
- The Caverns (Live music underground) in Pelham
- George Dickel Distillery in Tullahoma
- Short Springs Natural Area (hiking and waterfalls) in Tullahoma
- Old Stone Fort State Park in Manchester
Below are the communities that surround Tim’s Ford Lake. Choose a community below to read more about that community, search all properties, see the hottest homes on the market and more!